The Kart Simulator is writen in python and thus requires to be installed on your local machine. To install and configure the game, please follow carefully those steps in the order they are written:
- On Windows only: install python. The version doesn't matter as long as it is between 3.6 and 3.9 (included). While installing, please ensure the option to add python to the PATH is checked.
- Download the Kart Simulator and unzip the archive in any empty directory.
- On Windows: open the start menu and search for an app called "PowerShell" and launch it. Then open the unzipped folder of the kart-simulator, right-click on "requirements.txt", select "properties" and copy the path (it should look like "C:\User\...\kart-simulator"). Once the path copied, write "python -m pip install -r PATH/requirements.txt", replacing the PATH by the path you just copied, in the PowerShell and wait for the message "Successfully installed ..." before closing the app.
- On MacOS: first, open the app called "Terminal". Then you will have to install xcode, and you can do it by typing "xcode-select --install" in this terminal. It may take a fiew minutes, and once it is done, close and reopen your terminal to type /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)" . Then open the unzipped folder of the kart-simulator, right-click on "requirements.txt", select "Get Info" and copy the path (it should look like "Macintosh HD > User > ... > kart-simulator"). Once it is done, type in the terminal "xargs brew install < PATH/requirements.txt", replacing the PATH by the path you just copied.
- On linux: same as with Windows, but with an app called "Bash".
- The game is now installed. To launch it, simply double click on a file call "main" or "main.py" where the Kart Simulator was unzipped.
- Play, have fun and win!
If you followed each step carefully but it still doesn't work, don't hesitate to contact us.